Engineering Service Examination (ESE) 2012 Interview Experience - Civil Engieering - 1

 Interview experience IES 2012 
Civil Engg.
panel-I M G Khan,3 technical members

While analysing my DAF Chairman (I.M.G.Khan) said "So are working as an Asst prof.(as have 6 month experience of teaching in a private college 'Devapragay Intitute Of technical Studies Phaphamau Alld.',DITS ) ? " I interefered "pardon my interference but,Sir I was working as an Asst Prof.("was" because I had quit before interview )" and I went on telling him " In a private college DITS" and I opted two subjects SOIL ENGINEERING.and CONCRETE STRUCTURE....then chairman asked where is it DEVPRAYAG ?..I said" Sir, its in ALLAHABAD". he said no the DEVPRAYAG? I insisted "Sir, Its AT PHAPHAMAU,a sub-urban of ALLAHABAD. and eventually I was proven wrong by Him.he said "Its a confluence of two major rivers and you should know about it "..I said "I have heard the name but I don know much about it". Chairman-So,you opted Structure ?Me" Yes ,sir I did" .and then he passed to first technical member.

First member- what are type of stress?,what will be result if we mix stress with warping? difference between warping and torsion.? draw the difference type stress on 2-D,3-D objects.?min % of steel in beams column slab ? what is T-beam.?which book do you refer for STM Structure CNCRETE? and many more que I don remember actually.

Second Member- have you seen Curzon bridge? what type of this bridge is? type of member joint in this bridge? type of sands in allahabad? difference of sand form Ganga and Yamuna? type of rivets? draw different types of rivet joint? type of well foundation,applicability of them? draw the cross-section of well foundation with detailing? where do you get sand for house construction from GANGA or YAMUNA ? n many more .

Third Member- tell me abt Manhole? spacing? applicability? position of manhole?
drop-manhole? different type of water supply networks,draw them, compare them, their applicability?
what is drip-foundation ? n more..

then again, Chairman- you are from city of pandits,so tell me what is Vastu shastra?
what are the institute in India imparting education for Vastu shastra?
relate Vastu shastra with your barnch (civil engg)?
you have to construct a house what would you prefer to go with Vastu shastra or civil engg code and manual,justify this?
n honestly he blew me off with his last quen.

No comments:

Post a Comment